By Thoboloko Ntšonyane
MASERU – The local banks emerged as winners of numerous awards at the annual Professional Management Awards (PMR) Africa Awards when they walked away with many awards for excellent recognition in their products offerings.
Standard Lesotho Bank, FNB Lesotho and Lesotho Post Bank each scooped awards.
Standard Lesotho Bank scooped Business Excellence awards under three categories, from PMR Africa Awards 2023 last week in Maseru.
These accolades were presented to Standard Lesotho Bank at the annual PMR Africa Business Excellence Awards ceremony held in one of the hotels in Maseru last week.
These coveted awards are expected to set a benchmark and enhance excellence in the industry.
The PMR Africa Business Excellence Awards are a testament to the Bank’s unwavering commitment to delivering exceptional customer service and setting industry standards.
Standard Lesotho Bank stole a show emerging as a standout performer, walking home with both the prestigious Golden Arrow and Diamond Arrow Awards.
The awards are based on a country-wide survey of companies and institutions that are leaders and achievers in their sectors over the past twelve months and are rated randomly via a national sample of 110 respondents comprising CEOs, Managing Directors, business owners, company directors, managers and senior government officials based in Lesotho.
The awards are a culmination of a research process whereby companies and institutions are rated based on respondents’ perceptions with a strong focus on evaluating and measuring customer service and customer satisfaction.
Standard Lesotho Bank received outstanding recognition in the following categories:
- Private Banking: Diamond Arrow Award – Outstanding, 1st Overall
- Digital Banking: Golden Arrow Award – Excellent
- Business Banking: Golden Arrow Award – Excellent
- Credit Cards: Golden Arrow Award – Excellent
- Personal Banking: Golden Arrow Award – Excellent.
Anton Nicolaisen, Chief Executive Officer at Standard Lesotho Bank received the awards.
“With a mission to empower clients through top-tier banking services, these accolades from PMR Africa inspire us the Bank to continue setting new benchmarks in the banking industry. The Bank extends its heartfelt gratitude to our valued customers for their trust and support, which drives the Bank to excel year after year,” he exclaimed.
The bank further said in a statement, “these industry awards are a testament to the Bank’s efforts to prioritize its customers and their financial needs. Standard Lesotho Bank takes pride in its ability to offer innovative banking solutions and a commitment to excellence. With a rich history in Lesotho of serving the Basotho community and a dedication to excellence, the Bank continues to evolve and adapt to meet the ever-changing needs of its customers, while contributing to the growth and development of the country”.
Lesotho Post Bank equally proved their worth in the awards ceremony being the recipients of four accolades in these categories:
- Outstanding service and contribution to the economic growth and development of Lesotho business by business persons, Molefi Leqhaoe: Diamond Arrow Award
- Companies/institutions doing most for economic empowerment in Lesotho: Diamond Arrow Award
- Banks- Agriculture in Lesotho: Diamond Arrow Award
- Investment services in Lesotho: Diamond Arrow Award
FNB Lesotho clinched four awards these categories and were the first overall outstanding in all of them:
- Business Banking: Diamond Arrow Award
- Digital Banking: Diamond Arrow Award
- Credit Cards: Diamond Arrow Award
- Personal Banking: Diamond Arrow Award
It has cemented its mark for being acknowledged for the Most Admirable Financial Services Brands Non-Lesotho for two consecutive years.